Working in aged care is a rewarding experience. At St Andrews we value the skills and experience that each person contributes to our multidisciplinary team approach. Everyone plays a significant and valuable role in the lives of our residents and their families.
St Andrews Residential Care and Community Care is always looking for compassionate and value driven people to join us. We’re committed to providing a a supportive and friendly work environment as well as offering opportunities to progress your career.
St Andrews is a not for profit community owned organisation. We offer above Award wages, generous Salary Sacrifice options and a professional and supportive environment.
If you would like to know more, please contact us..
Contact Us Menu
We have a vacancy at a 120 bed Residential Aged Facility at beautiful Ballina by the sea situated in the sub-tropical area of Northern NSW.
The role is responsible for clinical management and oversight of support services in a recently refurbished aged care facility. Salary Packaging benefits are available to the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a Registered Nurse (current AHPRA).
- Have experience in the management of residential aged care service provision.
- Possess knowledge of the key levers that drive success in the residential sector.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- To promote a positive culture and the communication skills that foster positive relations between all stakeholders.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the application of a person centred care approach across all areas of service provision.
- To develop positive collaborative relationships, both internally and externally with a collegiate focus.
- To assist develop strategic objectives and work towards their fruition.
- To apply sound financial management skills and experience in managing income streams and budget oversight.
- To meet the requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards and their application along with relevant legislation that impacts aged care service delivery.
- To apply sound HR processes including; WHS, Workers Compensation and performance management and succession planning.
- To be a proactive member of a senior management team that includes oversight of a multidisciplinary service that include: independent living units, community care and aboriginal respite service provision.
- To work with members of the care management team including a dedicated deputy/support role.
- To measure and manage clinical risks and apply best practice solutions towards resident care and service outcomes.
- To always apply a transparent and positive approach to complaints management with a capacity to develop tailored solutions to meet the needs and wants of our customers.
- To implement a positive culture of continuous improvement that engages input from all levels of service provision.
- Current Police check
- Previous aged care experience
- High level computer skills including electronic documentation systems.
Post graduate qualifications (desirable)
Contact the General Manager on (02) 6620 5800 for further information.
Please submit your expression of interest in this critical position, together with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Applications are available to download and can be submitted to email@example.com . Further information is available from the HR Manager on (02) 6620 5943.
We are always on the lookout for excellence:
Registered Nurse – Casual or Permanent– St Andrews Residential Care
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse – Casual or Permanent– St Andrews Residential Care
Care Service Employee – Grade 2 – Casual or Permanent– Residential Care
Home Care Services Consultant – Permanent – To manage Home Care clients and be proactive with ongoing business and service.
RN with ACFI Experience – PPT (2 days/week) Residential Care
Volunteers at St Andrew’s village are welcomed by our staff as an important contribution to the health and well-being of our residents.
Volunteering in aged care is not just about personal care. Roles are quite varied across different areas of our business including gardening, administration, social support, activities, music, looking after our resident birds or driving the social bus.
It’s a great way to develop new skills, meet new friends or set yourself on a new career pathway.
If you are interested in being a volunteer please contact the main St Andrews Office on 02 6620 5800 and register your interest with Volunteers Coordinator.