Dear Families and Visitors
Please note there has been a change in the conditions for entry into St Andrews:
Visitors may enter the facility as of the day of this notice.
Staff and visitors are NOT required to wear a surgical mask in St Andrews.
All staff and visitors must continue to comply with strict handwashing, social distancing and room density requirements.
Screening of staff and residents and conditions of entry to the facility are as follows:
- Do not enter the facility if you have any CoVID-19 symptoms
- Screening of visitors and staff will continue at the one entrance available at this time.
- QR code can be used to sign in and out for staff and visitors
- If using paper based entry and exit there is a signing out book that visitors and staff must sign.
- Common areas are open to visitors. Please adhere to the density signage i.e. the number of persons permitted in the space at one time.
- A maximum of 4 person in a residents room including the resident. That is 3 visitors at one time and one resident.
- It is not a requirement to have an up to date vaccination against influenza if a visitor is making a care and support visit to a resident. For example families making a visit would be deemed care and support
- Residents may leave the facility for outings such as medical appointments or to visit locations in the community such as shops, cafe
- Do not enter if you have been to any close or casual contact locations in NSW, Interstate or New Zealand
- Do not enter if you are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- Do not enter if you live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- Do not enter if you are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
Red Zone NSW
There are NO areas of concern in NSW.
Green Zone NSW
All of NSW (as there are no areas of increased testing).
The number of visits per day is now unlimited per day. Visitors in a residents room is limited 3 due to room density restrictions. Visiting times are Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm and Weekends 9am – 5pm
Persons from Auckland, New Zealand in the last 14 days are restricted access to the facility (exceptional circumstances may apply)
All Other Countries: Any person who has been in overseas in the past 28 days must not enter the facility without documented proof of a 14 day quarantine and a negative CoVID-19 test.
Social Leave – A resident leaves the facility
The resident does not require isolation upon return to the facility provided they have:
- Not been in contact with a person who has been in an area of concern in the last 14 days
- Not been in contact with a person with symptoms of CoVID-19 or is in a 14 day isolation period
- Have not been to a place or household where a person is currently self-isolating OR waiting for a CoVID-19 test result
Residents attending a medical appointment in a CoVID-19 safe manner will not be placed into isolation upon return.
Residents should avoid locations where there is a high density of people eg supermarkets etc
St Andrews management appreciate your understanding about what is required to reduce the risk of CoVID-19 entering the facility