Dear Families and Visitors
Until further notice St Andrews all residential aged care facilities must:
Staff and visitors are NOT required to wear a surgical mask in a facility located in NSW.
All staff and visitors must continue to comply with strict handwashing, social distancing and room density requirements.
Screening of staff and residents and conditions of entry to the facility are as follows:
- Do not enter the facility if you have any CoVID-19 symptoms.
- Screening of visitors and staff will continue at the one entrance available at this time.
- When exiting the facility there will be a signing out book that visitors and staff must now sign.
- Common areas are open to visitors. Please adhere to the density signage i.e. the number of persons permitted in the space at one time.
- A maximum of 4 person in a residents room including the resident. That is 3 visitors at one time and one resident.
- It is not a requirement to have an up to date vaccination against influenza if a visitor is making a care and support visit to a resident. For example families making a visit would be deemed care and support
- Residents may leave the facility for outings such as medical appointments or to visit locations in the community such as shops, cafes
Red Zone NSW
There are NO areas of concern in NSW.
Green Zone NSW
All of NSW (as there are no areas of increased testing).
The number of visits per day is now unlimited per day. Visitors in a residents room is limited 3 due to room density restrictions. Visiting times are Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm and Weekends 9am – 5pm
If you have been to any of the Victorian locations visited by a confirmed case please do not visit the St Andrews facility and follow the advice on testing and isolation if you have visited any of these locations.
Persons from Auckland, New Zealand in the last 14 days are restricted access to the facility (exceptional circumstances may apply)
All Other Countries: Any person who has been in overseas in the past 28 days must not enter the facility without documented proof of a 14 day quarantine and a negative CoVID-19 test.
Social Leave – A resident leaves the facility
The resident does not require isolation upon return to the facility provided they have:
- Not been in contact with a person who has been in an area of concern in the last 14 days
- Not been in contact with a person with symptoms of CoVID-19 or is in a 14 day isolation period
- Have not been to a place or household where a person is currently self-isolating OR waiting for a CoVID-19 test result
Residents attending a medical appointment in a CoVID-19 safe manner will not be placed into isolation upon return.
St Andrews management appreciate your understanding about what is required to reduce the risk of CoVID-19 entering the facility