Dear Families and Visitors
Until further notice St Andrews all residential aged care facilities must:
Screening of staff and residents and conditions of entry to the facility are as follows:
- Screening of visitors and staff will continue at the one entrance available at this time.
- Please remember to ensure the requirement to wear a surgical mask, social distancing and hand hygiene is maintained on entry.
- When exiting the facility there will be a signing out book that visitors and staff must now sign.
- Common areas are open to visitors. Please adhere to the density signage i.e. the number of persons permitted in the space at one time.
- A maximum of 4 person in a residents room including the resident. That is 3 visitors at one time and one resident.
- It is not a requirement to have an up to date vaccination against influenza if a visitor is making a care and support visit to a resident. For example families making a visit would be deemed care and support
- Residents may leave the facility for outings such as medical appointments or to visit locations in the community such as shops, cafes
There are NO areas of concern in NSW.
All of NSW (as there are no areas of concern).
The number of visits per day is now unlimited per day. Visiting times are Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm and Weekends 9am – 5pm
As circumstances are continually changing and the different approaches to Covid-19 by all other States/ Territories please call Administration, well ahead of a planned visit and provide details so we can give the appropriate advice. Contact St Andrews on 02 66205800 and press #4 on the selection list (Reception). Please Note: Queensland visitors are exempt and do not need to call prior to entry
Any person who has been to any Western Australian locations or the Perth, Peel or South West Regions of WA since 25 January 2021 must not enter the facility unless otherwise approved by a senior manager.
Any person who has been in New Zealand in the past 14 days must not enter the facility barring specific circumstance and also approval by a senior manager.
Any person who has been in overseas in the past 28 days must not enter the facility without documented proof of a 14 day quarantine and a negative CoVID-19 test.
Social Leave – A resident leaves the facility
The resident does not require isolation upon return to the facility provided they have:
- Not been in contact with a person who has been in a red zone or an area of increased testing in NSW in the last 14 days
- Not been in contact with a person with symptoms of CoVID-19 or is in a 14 day isolation period
- Have not been exposed to a public indoor place with an excessive number of people present eg shopping malls etc. If however a resident intends to visit these area or has a share ride we recommend wearing a face mask
- Have not been to a place or household where a person is currently self-isolating OR waiting for a CoVID-19 test result
- Completed a Social Leave declaration form for the leave requested. If they are unable to do so the declaration must be completed by the support person or representative.
Residents attending a medical appointment in a CoVID-19 safe manner will not be placed into isolation upon return. Upon return the resident will be risk assessed to determine the level of exposure to CoVID-19. Depending on the assessment the resident may have to isolate.
Residents who comply with points 1-4 are highly unlikely to be required to isolate upon return.
St Andrews management appreciate your understanding about what is required to reduce the risk of CoVID-19 entering the facility