Dear Clients and Relatives
St Andrews Home Care service will continue to operate during the pandemic however it must comply with NSW Health directions. These are as follows:
- all staff across NSW must wear a surgical mask during home visits for the entirety of the visit.
- all staff are screened for symptoms prior to commencing work,
- staff are not permitted to work if they:
- have a fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of CoVID-19
- have been to any of the locations on the close contact or casual contact lists at the times and dates listed
- have been to any areas of concern in New Zealand since 14 January 2021
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
Clients must make known to the home care service coordinator or the carer prior to entry in to the clients home of the following:
- the client or person/s living in the home have a temperature greater than 37.5 degrees and/or symptoms of CoVID-19 consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, headache, fatigue, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell.
- Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include acute blocked nose (congestion), muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite
- The client or person/s staying at the home have been in any locations deemed hot spots by NSW Health this includes the following:
- Red Zone
People who have been in a hot spot in Sydney . These areas have been classified as red zones.
- Red Zones are:
- Cumberland City Council includes the following wards: Greystanes (Fairfield | Greystanes | Guildford | Guildford West | Merrylands West | Pemulwuy | Prospect | Smithfield | Woodpark | Yennora), Regents Park (Auburn | Berala | Homebush West | Lidcombe | Regents Park | Rookwood), Wentworth (Wentworthville | Westmead | South Wentworthville | Mays Hill | Pendle Hill | Toongabbie | Girraween | Greystanes | Merrylands), Granville (Granville | Guildford | Holroyd | Merrylands | Merrylands | West Auburn | Chester Hill | Guildford | Merrylands | Regents Park | South Granville)
- suburbs in the Mount Druitt area – Bidwell, Blackett, Doonside, Dharruk, Emerton, Hebersham, Lethbridge Park, Minchinbury, Mount Druitt, Shalvey, Tregear, Whalan, Wilmot
- Rooty Hill
- Red Zones are:
Clients and/or visitors living or staying at the client’s home who have have been or come from a RED ZONE will require the following, so that Home Care services may continue:
- the client and/or visitors are not presenting symptoms of CoVID-19 consistent with COVID-19 infection, even if mild. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, headache, fatigue, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or loss of smell.
- present a current negative CoVID-19 test result
- immediately inform the home care coordination team of any symptoms or CoVID-19 positive test results
Complying with these conditions reduces the risk to the home care worker,nurse and other clients.
Green Zone is all remaining areas outside the red zone in NSW.
Green zone includes Northern NNSW, Newcastle, Mid North Coast, Far West etc
As circumstances are continually changing and the different approaches to Covid-19 by all other States/ Territories please call Administration, well ahead of a planned visit and provide details so we can give the appropriate advice.
Please Note: Visitors from Queensland are exempt and will not need to contact administration.
A manager will promptly contact you regarding your proposed visit.