… committed to being socially responsible …
St Andrews is committed to being a socially responsible organisation within the community and participates in activities which promote this philosophy.
An opportunity to contribute to reducing our carbon footprint through innovative solutions was taken up. As part of this initiative we signed on to the Sustainability Advantage Program with the NSW Office of Environment and Climate Change, and implemented many energy- and cost- saving initiatives within our organisation.
As a result, St Andrew’s was awarded Membership of the Sustainability Advantage Program.
St Andrews believes that engagement in community activities keeps us lively and bouncing with joie de vivre! Our residents visit our local theatre, bowling club, concert performances and activities clubs outside our facility.
Since 2010, St Andrews has been a proud sponsor for Ingrid-Esmerelda, her family and community in San Miguel Tucuru, Guatemala. Fundraising for this outreach via the Plan organisation is through our Social Club activities.
Sponsorships and Other Support Systems
- Medical Research Organisations
- St Andrews participates in the Daffodil, Pink Ribbon, and Biggest Morning Tea days for the Cancer Council, as well as Jeans for Genes Day for Children’s Medical Research with residents, staff and visitors engaging in these activities.
- Westpac Helicopter Service
- Staff have supported this service since 2005
- Close relationship with Sea Bird Rescue
- Raffles to aid disaster relief